What is Moringa. The superfood plant of the moment?
Moringa is a plant, also called superfood of the year 2020. Moringa oleifera is a plant belonging to the moringaceae genus, also known as the horseradish or radish tree. Its best known variety, namely Moringa Oleifera, is a concentrate of health benefits and for this reason it is used daily in the form of Capsules, Powder or Herbal Teas as a Natural and Organic Supplement of Vitamins, Antioxidants, Proteins and Calcium with different effects positive for health and beauty.
Main uses of Moringa
To answer the question “what is Moringa” let’s start from the fact that moringa oleifera is a plant that can reach 7 meters in height with many uses: all its parts, from the leaves, to the seed oil to the roots are edible and not yet ripe pods are eaten as a vegetable. They are collected still green and eaten after cooking or fresh, while the leaves are used both fresh and after drying.
The oil that is sweet and non-sticky and the paste of the seeds, used to purify drinking water, are extracted from the seeds of the moringa.
The oil was found to be particularly suitable in cosmetics for the care of skin, hair, wounds and as an anti-aging agent, due to its high moisturizing and purifying power, with its ability to capture and remove pollutants. It is also used to protect the hair from the heat of the hairdryer, to strengthen the scalp and nourish dry hair.
The edible use of moringa is also widely used in recipes: the seeds, in fact, can be eaten both raw and roasted or in powder, added to tea, in the form of herbal tea or used in curry and other dishes according to taste.
5 things to know about Moringa
1. Thanks to the high antioxidant content, Moringa leaf powder is an excellent protective vessel;
2. It helps to calm the states of hypertension;
3. By regulating blood flow, it is able to promote 360 ° well-being of the body and above all to improve general tone;
4. It has important effects in supporting stalled metabolism;
5. Contributes to the improvement of hormonal values.
What is Moringa used for
Thanks to its numerous properties and the substances it contains, including essential amino acids, vitamins, antioxidants and mineral salts, moringa oleifera is mainly used for:
– Drinking water purification (in the past mainly)
– Stabilize body weight and block the sense of hunger
– Prevent cellular, skin and internal organ aging by virtue of the multiple antioxidant properties
– Eyesight protection
– Attenuation of skin spots
– Increase the defenses of the immune system
– Regulate blood pressure
– Regulate blood sugar level
– Improvement of the respiratory conditions of asthmatic patients
– Protect the intestine from chronic inflammation and colitis
– Improve iron absorption by promoting the prevention of anemia or physical recovery.
See all the benefits of moringa in the dedicated section.
Why moringa is believed to be a miracle plant?
BECAUSE IT IS THE RICHEST PLANT IN NUTRITIONAL SUBSTANCES EVER DISCOVERED:
THE LEAVES CONTAIN 46 POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANTS, 36 ANTI-INFLAMMATORY AGENTS, INCLUDING QUERCETIN AND CAFFEYLKINIC ACID, 30% VEGETABLE PROTEINS AND ALL THE EIGHT ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS.
How to take Moringa
Moringa can be taken in the form of capsules, blister packs or pill containers, in powder or in herbal teas along with other beneficial herbs. Finding fresh Moringa leaves in the West is next to impossible.
Moringa Capsules can be taken every day before meals, the recommended dosage is in fact 3 capsules per day. Capsules are certainly the most convenient way to take this supplement.
Moringa Powder can be added to hot water or to drinks and foods such as fruit juices, smoothies, milk and yogurt, but also to soups and broths. Given the very strong flavor of the powder, we recommend soups in any case.
Furthermore, Moringa in the form of powder can be used to prepare bread or any type of cake, without the active ingredients losing their properties. Always mixed with water, it can be applied to the skin to reduce skin spots and stimulate the healing of wounds, warts and bites.